Re: Redirection of packets based on source IP address

Subject: Re: Redirection of packets based on source IP address
From: "R.Govardhana Reddy" <govardhan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 17:50:57 +0530 (IST)
Thanks for ur reply..
What I meant to ask is... can we redirect packets not based on
port number?
using ipvsadm..
do we need to add service i.e port number ..like..
# ipvsadm -A -t <VIP>:23 -s rr  --> Do we need to specify service?

# ipvsadm -a -t <VIP>:23 -r <RIP1> -g -w 1

My purpose is Director should redirect packets from client to
any of the real servers, so that they will serve client request.
which may be DHCP,HTTP or TELNET .. any service .
And one question: How the Director establishes connection
with the real server? Is it based on the Client IP address or
/and port number.

--Govardhan