Re: Problem with IP-takeover

Subject: Re: Problem with IP-takeover
From: "jarol1@xxxxxxxxx" <J.Libak@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 22:45:27 +0100
Ahmad Ndoung wrote:
Hi to all
I have a problem with my system and need help.
I am using RHEL 4 in 4 machines, 2 for load balancing and 2 real servers.
The master load balancer works fine but the problem is when it goes down and after the backup system kicks in, it does not inherit the VIP, is there any
way this can be done automatically?
What should I look for in my systems to make sure that I have the proper
configuration.

Thanks

LVS doesn't do IP fail over automatically, you need an external program. Are you using keepalived or heartbeat to fail over the IP? I use heartbeat running in symmetric cluster mode so both load balancers have equal number of VIPs, once one of them goes down the other takes over the VIPs. I would recommend heartbeat 2.x.

Jaro