Re: LVS-DR not working when RIP and CIP on different subnets

Subject: Re: LVS-DR not working when RIP and CIP on different subnets
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 11:12:43 -0800 (PST)
On Mon, 12 Feb 2007, cider dude wrote:

My problem, I think, is with routing replies from the RIP to the CIP.

sounds reasonable.

At first, I setup an iptables SNAT box with a public ip address as the
default gateway for the RIP. However, that did not work either.

don't use iptables to get an LVS to work.

Next, I tried to route directly from my RIP to my ISP's default
gateway, which is on a different subnet.

as well, by definition the RIPs are unroutable. You need to route the VIP to the default gw.