keepalived limits

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: keepalived limits
From: Casey Zacek <cz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 22:14:56 -0600
I tried loading up a keepalived.conf with about 1400 real servers
total, and the last 200-300 of them didn't get any health checks.
There was no error logged that I could find.  All of the healthchecks
were "Activated" in the log, but the bottom chunk of them just didn't
seem to happen -- all of the RSes in question were not answering HTTP,
so they should have failed the checks, but only the first 1200 or so
(the number would vary a little with each restart of keepalived)
actually had any results show in the log or in 'ipvsadm -ln'.

What are the limits of keepalived?  What things can be adjusted to get
more out of it?

--
Casey Zacek
Senior Engineer