Re: super slow speeds from director

Subject: Re: super slow speeds from director
From: Matthew <matthew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 14:48:27 -0600
Hey Roberto,
 Thanks for the reply.

What OS are the clients running?

        Doesn't seem to matter. I'm Mac OSX at home, WinXP at work.

No handshake visible, please capture the whole TCP flow.

        How? What command did I not issue to tcpdump?

Hmm, could you add at least one '-v'? To me it's not enough information to figure out what's going.

        Will repeat and add -v.

Now this is interesting! What strikes me as odd in your dumps is the client address with a trailing '0', aka 70.241.140.0.

Yea, that's our office connection with SBC AT&T. When I visit www.whatismyip.com that's what gets reported.

change your IP address of the test client

        I'd like to, but SBC has us on DHCP so I can't dictate my IP.

Also note, that testing
from within the cluster does not give you proper results due to the asymmetric routing.

Not sure what you mean by that. The cluster is in Dallas and I did client testing from Houston and San Antonio. If you are referring to something else, please clarify.

Thanks,
Matthew