Re: Ldirectord and tunneling

Subject: Re: Ldirectord and tunneling
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 08:05:26 -0800 (PST)
On Fri, 23 Feb 2007, Brian Sheets wrote:

I have 2 real servers on different networks,

If I understand correctly, I should be able to use tunneling to forward to
the real server on the different network.

Here is my config

virtual=172.16.13.40:25
       real=172.16.13.41:25 gate
       real=172.16.13.42:25 gate
       real=172.27.20.80:25 ipip
       protocol=tcp
       service=smtp
       checktype=connect
       scheduler=wlc

And on the real server

auto tunl0
iface tunl0 inet static
 address 172.16.13.40
 netmask 255.255.255.255
 pre-up ifconfig tunl0 0.0.0.0 up ; sysctl -p > /dev/null

I also have the appropriate /etc/sysctl.conf, /etc/network/options entries.

When I bring up ldirectord it adds all real servers, but I can't connect via
the vip.

Ideas what I'm missing?

how about the errors you get when connecting with the telnet client.