LVS performance bug

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: LVS performance bug
From: "Rudd, Michael" <Michael.Rudd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 16:13:40 -0500
I am running the 2.6.18 kernel on our servers with a directord and 2
realservers running LVS-NAT for DNS queries. Everything works great
but we cranked up the traffic to about 18000 queries sent to the
director. Each query is 91 bytes and each response is about 290 bytes
for a total of about 5.5 megabytes/second of data.

It runs for awhile but then an error comes out "IPVS: ip_vs_conn_new: no
memory available."This error comes out about 5-6 times and
then the server boots. Has anyone else seen this? I tested this back
with the 2.4 kernel and and was running 32000 queries and the director
was up and stable.

Here's my ldirectord config file.

# Global Directives
checktimeout=10