understanding lvs

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: understanding lvs
From: webbezcom <spirits_747@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 10:41:59 -0700 (PDT)
hi,

I’m relatively new to linux but running a small web hosting business I have
taken keen interest in ultramonkey open source project although to me it
does come across as quite complicated since networking isn’t my forte.

I have read a lot about LVS and tried to understand it as best as possible
but there’s a few questions I haven’t found answers to and was hoping i
could get some.

I have a web hosting business so if I use network address translation do I
need a control panel licenses for all real servers or only the public VIP
address?

Everything can be balanced between real servers not just httpd?

Are the linux directors actually physically servers? If so what server
requirements would I need for the directors?

What about securities, if one server gets hacked will the hacker have access
to all servers?

Can ultramonkey accommodate third layer topology? Having a central storage
server?

Thanks in advance.
Alistair