Re: Realservers on OpenVZ VMs in LVS-DR mode - is it possible?

Subject: Re: Realservers on OpenVZ VMs in LVS-DR mode - is it possible?
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 04:31:48 -0700 (PDT)
On Fri, 23 Mar 2007, f.m.gomes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi, I'm new to the LVS, and didn't find information about the possibility of running realservers on OpenVZ virtual machines with director in LVS-DR mode, has someone tried this setup?

Not that we've heard. Horms and Ratz have their LVS's setup under VMWare on their laptops.

I'll run LVS director on dedicated machines (failover setup), but want to run the realservers on OpenVZ virtual machines distributed by several real hardware servers, in order to have easy maintenance, due to its ability to migrate virtual machines. My doubt is because both LVS and OpenVZ patches

LVS is a module - you can unload it to test if it's interferring. It's likely that OpenVZ is independant of the LVS code.

the kernel and LVS-DR seems to need patching also on the real servers,

not any more. arp_ignore is in the kernel now.

I'd be interested to hear how you go