LVS Newbie install

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: LVS Newbie install
From: "Chris Harner" <chris.harner@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 13:03:57 -0400
So, my company is designing a terminal server project that in theory, should
work.  Basically, I was to set up a Network Load Balancer using LVS.  We are
currently working with VMware.

ipvsadm-1.24-6.src.rpm was downloaded.

I ran this:
# cat /proc/net/ip_vs

And got this:
Prot LocalAddress:Port Scheduler Flags
 -> RemoteAddress:Port Forward Weight ActiveConn InActConn

I also tried this:
# rpmbuild --rebuild ipvsadm-1.24-6.src.rpm

But got this:
Installing ipvsadm-1.24-6.src.rpm
error: Legacy syntax is unsupported: copyright
error: line 7: Unknown tag: Copyright: GNU General Public Licence

I'm using OpenSUSE 10.1 with kernel...
# rpm -q kernel-source
kernel-source-2.6.16.21-0.25

What am I doing wrong?  The docs are hard to read, but I was using the wiki
for guidance.  Thanks.

--
Chris Harner  []  Server Engineer  []  Arnold Transportation Services