HA LAMP

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: HA LAMP
From: "Thomas Champagne" <lafeuil@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 10:27:21 +0200
Hi
I would like to create a high availability LAMP. But I have only two
machines.
I have read the Streamline High Availability and Load Balancing :
http://www.ultramonkey.org/3/topologies/sl-ha-lb-overview.html

The situation :
My config is available here :
http://jay.bertrand.free.fr/blog/uploads/images/cluster.png
I have two servers on Debian GNU/Linux Etch with IP : 10.5.195.40 and
10.5.195.41
There are two services on each servers : Apache and Mysql.
Each service have its IP and have a VIP address :
10.5.195.120 -> apache
10.5.195.121 -> Mysql

The problem :
Accessing services from a remote client (outside the cluster) to the VIP is
ok.
But when the client is the cluster, it always connects on the local machine.

For example, when Apache connects to the VIP Mysql with PHP script, it
always connect to the local Mysql.
So if Mysql is down on the local but up on the other, Apache can't connect
to Mysql.

I have read that to solve the problem in the LVS HOwTO :
http://www.austintek.com/LVS/LVS-HOWTO/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO.LVS-DR.html#realserver_as_client_in_LVS-DR
But as it is written in the man page of iptables :
"Please note: This target requires kernel support that might not  be
available  in  official  Linux  kernel  sources  or
Debian's packaged Linux kernel sources.  And if support for this target is
available for the specific Linux kernel source
version, that support might not be enabled in the current Linux kernel
binary."
This command returns nothing :
ls /lib/modules/2.6.18-4-686/kernel/net/ipv4/netfilter/ | grep ROUTE

So, I can't use the target ROUTE.
There is an other solution ?

Thomas Champagne