Re: lvs-dr with freebsd jailhost as realservers: resolved.

Subject: Re: lvs-dr with freebsd jailhost as realservers: resolved.
From: Mike Bloom <nanogbloom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 14:48:22 -0400
Hi,

The problem was that lvs-dr requires the vip to be bound to a lo0 on each of the jails, rather than just the jailhosts lo0 interface.

By applying a patch to the jail subsystem that allows multiple ip's (http://www.digitaldaemon.com/FreeBSD/FreeBSD/index.html) I was able to run a jail with lo0 assigned the ip of the vip.

I hope this helps some other folks using freebsd jails, this one has stumped me for a few days.

Mike Bloom wrote:
Hi,