do we need seperate LVS / load balancer machine?

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: do we need seperate LVS / load balancer machine?
From: Bala <cppbala@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 04:10:41 -0700 (PDT)
Hi All,
       we are new to the LVS, considering one
of the option to use for our project, for that
we need some clarification before we jump in
to LVS.

  For the web service we have two machine, shall
we install LVS in one of the machine and configure
VIP (virtual IP) so that user always connect to VIP
and the two servers serve the http traffic.

 1. Our question is shall we achive this two server
    itself, or do we need third server to do the
    load balance, pls advice.

thanks,
-bala-