LVS Nat connecting from realserver to virtual servers

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: LVS Nat connecting from realserver to virtual servers
From: Stuart walmsley <stuart@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 09:47:52 +0100
Hi

I am running LVS in NAT mode with keepalived.
I have a a single network with all the real servers on, the gateway is the
internal interface of the LVS box. The Virtual server IP's are on the
external interface of the LVS box
I have a number of Virtual servers. Each real server is only a member of one
virtual server
I am using iptables to translate all outgoing connections from the real
servers to the address of the virtual server associated with that server.

All works well..

The problem

I need to access Virtual servers from the real servers. At the moment I am
unable to get this to work at all.

I have disabled arp redirects on the inside interface and tried a number of
NAT translations

Any input would be appreciated

Stuart