Re: Servers unable to flush data to clients

Subject: Re: Servers unable to flush data to clients
From: "Dr. Volker Jaenisch" <volker.jaenisch@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 00:35:36 +0200
Hi Brian!

Brian Staszewski schrieb:
Hey everyone. I implemented an LVS-NAT/ldirectord setup for a web site and I'm having some strange problems. What appears to be happening is that somehow the real servers are not always able to send data back to the client that made the request. When I view apache's status page (/server-status/) I'll see many connections in the "W" (Sending Reply) state, and they'll stay there until they either time out or I restart apache.
Here a few suggestions:

* Is the loadbalancer able to fetch pages from the reals? Check this with lynx. * Have you checked that the default route on all reals points to the loadbalancer? If you use iproute with source routing double check your routing table with "ip rule"
* Try turning the apache configuration option keepalive to OFF.

Beste Regards,

Volker Jaenisch

  inqbus it-consulting      +49 ( 341 )  5643800
  Dr.  Volker Jaenisch      http://www.inqbus.de
  Herloßsohnstr.    12      0 4 1 5 5    Leipzig
  N  O  T -  F Ä L L E      +49 ( 170 )  3113748