Re: Problems with LVS/TU

Subject: Re: Problems with LVS/TU
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 17:10:19 -0700 (PDT)
On Mon, 21 May 2007, Adam Smutnicki wrote:

Hello
I'm trying to force my LVS network to work proprly, but I cannot. So I'll be
very glad for any help.

First some details about my network

Connection schema:
Client1 -- LAN -- Director -- Internet -- Real Server -- Client2

client2 is just a client of the realserver, it's not a client of the the LVS, right?

Of course my firewall is down on Real Server,

good

and mysql is listening on 0.0.0.0 address

for security, in production, make sure it's only listening on the VIP.

1) When i do
$mysql -u user -p -h VIP
on Client2 i can connect to mysql on VIP, but i dont see any packets camming
on tunl0 on RS

tunl0 isn't a real device. It exists only in the kernel. I don't know if you can tcpdump on tunl0 (you used to not be able to).

2) when i do
$mysql -u user -p -h VIP
on Client1
i see (on RS) that packets are tunneled to RS - I see packets with 2 IP
headers, then i can see packet without tuneling ip header, so with
ip.src=Client2

you mean client1?

and ip.dst=VIP, but packets are appearing on tunl0, but
connecting isn't estabilished, no ACK packets are sent.

that's a good start.

Have you looked through the list of common problems at the
end of the mini-HOWTO?

Do you understand the single writer/ many reader nature of LVS as far as it relates to databases in an LVS. Have you read the section in the HOWTO about building an LVS database?

Have you set up an LVS-DR according to the mini-HOWTO? When you've got that working, change it to LVS-Tun. Then change telnet to mysql.