load balancing using keepalived

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: load balancing using keepalived
From: Gerry Reno <greno@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 23:46:10 -0400
I'm a new LVS user.  I posted a shorter version over on the keepalived-devel
list but there doesn't seem to be much traffic over there so I thought
it might be better to move my questions over to the lvs-users list.

I've got a basic two realserver configuration running. I setup the config to balance port 22 SSH connections between the two realservers equally weighted. The problem is that I'm not seeing any load balancing occurring. All the SSH connections are going to the first realserver. I'm using 'rr' scheduling. I've looked through the forum and google and I see other entries with similar situation of no load balancing occurring. Can this be fixed? I was expecting that the connections would alternate between the two realservers when using the 'rr' scheduler. Also, does it ever balance at any time or load level?
I am not using any persistence (at least that I know of).

Here is ipvsadm:
# ipvsadm
Prot LocalAddress:Port Scheduler Flags
-> RemoteAddress:Port Forward Weight ActiveConn InActConn
TCP 192.168.1.215:ssh rr
-> 192.168.1.26:ssh Masq 1 0 1
-> 192.168.1.25:ssh Local 1 3 0
#

### keepalived.conf:
global_defs {
 lvs_id lvs01  # MASTER
}

vrrp_sync_group G1 {  # yes, I know this is superfluous
 group {
   VI_1
 }
}

vrrp_instance VI_1 {
 state                         MASTER
 interface                     eth0
lvs_sync_daemon_interface eth0 virtual_router_id 51
 priority                      100
 advert_int                    1

 authentication {
   auth_type PASS
   auth_pass xxxxx
 }
 virtual_ipaddress {
   192.168.1.215   # default CIDR mask is /32
 }
}

virtual_server 192.168.1.215 22 {
 delay_loop 6