Re: website errors

Subject: Re: website errors
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 16:51:13 -0700 (PDT)
On Thu, 24 May 2007, Gerry Reno wrote:

I'm getting a lot of these on various links/tabs on the http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/ website:

You don't have permission to access /Documents.html on this server.

Hmm, all pages have the problem. This is Wensong's LVS website. Graeme spotted that Horms' website http://www.vergenet.net/ is displaying the same symptoms, so I guess Wensong's website is now being run on Horms' machine(s) (Wensong used to run www.linuxvirtualserver.org on one of his own machines in China).

vergenet.net is a world-wide failover-proof cluster of machines, and it's most unlike Horms to have a malfunction (it just looks like a minor configuration issue, which failover can't do much about). It's the middle of the night in Japan (Horms' current domicile) so Horms could possibly still be awake (and working on it), unless of course he's off sociallising after work.

Give Horms 12hrs or so.

Meanwhile Graeme and I here at LVS Central will monitor the problem.

(film at 11).