topologies

Subject: topologies
From: Gerry Reno <greno@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 17:48:29 -0400
Are there any preferred topologies for setting up LVS?
Right now without LVS I have everything on one lan and I just run firewalls. But to use LVS effectively I can see I need to create separate lans. Now this presents other problems because if I put my sets of realservers (web, db) on separate lans then it's more difficult to administer them and also they will lose access to common resources such as the backup server. So it looks like each realserver will have to be part of multiple lans or vlans into order to still have access to common resouces. In doing so, will it create any problems with routing for the VIP's and GW's? I don't want any triangulation problems that can cause connections to hang. Are there any common gotcha's with multiple lan/vlan relating to LVS? I have VLAN capable switches.