[lvs-users] LVS with all clients behind a single router. lvs-tun on 2.6

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lvs-users] LVS with all clients behind a single router. lvs-tun on 2.6 kernel
From: Matthew Smart <msmart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 13:30:07 -0500
I have my LVS webserver environment setup and working using ldirectord.
I need persistence in order to handle sessions.  The site being run from
the virtual server is an information management system that runs the day
to day operations for a company. This company has three locations, one
of which is much larger than the others. Each location is behind a
router, so all clients from a given location have the same external ip
address.

The problem I have is that all clients from a given location get
directed to the same realserver. Since the majority of clients are
located in the same office, we are not getting a good load balance. I
found the following thread in the archives which addresses this issue:
http://archive.linuxvirtualserver.org/html/lvs-users/2005-04/msg00116.html

That thread mentions that the realservers need tuning for ARP. I have
used the arp flags for 2.6 in the manner show in howtos online. Can you
elaborate on this comment and possibly direct me to some resources
discussing what can be done in this circumstance?

Thanks for any help you can give,

--
Matthew Smart
President