Re: [lvs-users] lvs-users] My LVS always shows "master stopped"

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] lvs-users] My LVS always shows "master stopped"
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 13:08:25 +0900
On Fri, Jun 08, 2007 at 10:12:01AM -0500, Ahmad Ndoung wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have this new problem with the LVS, I can start HEARTBEAT, LDIRECTORD and
> LVSSyncDaemonSwap services without any problem, the only thing that bothers
> me is whenever I run /etc/ha.d/resource.d/LVSSyncDaemonSwap master status I
> always get "master stopped". I believe my configuration on the master and
> backup machine is fine even the lo and iproute on the real server.
> So what is it I am doing run. Here is the version of the LVS I am using:
> LVSSyncDaemonSwap.in,v 1.7 2006/05/11 01:04:34 horms Exp, my system is
> running RHEL 4 update 4.
> What should I do to get "master running"

I think that RHEL4 has a new enough kernel that you can get rid
of LVSSyncDaemonSwap and instead just run both the master and backup
sync daemons at boot time on both directors.

/etc/ha.d/resource.d/LVSSyncDaemonSwap master works by simply
parsing the output of ps and looking for which sync processes are
running. You can do this yourself to see what is running. Perhaps
the script isn't parsing the output of ps properly.

--
Horms
  H: http://www.vergenet.net/~horms/