Re: [lvs-users] lvs-users] My LVS always shows "master stopped"

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] lvs-users] My LVS always shows "master stopped"
From: "Ahmad Ndoung" <hasman16@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 09:19:33 -0500
Thank you,, it helped, it is working fine now.

On 6/25/07, Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 08, 2007 at 10:12:01AM -0500, Ahmad Ndoung wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > I have this new problem with the LVS, I can start HEARTBEAT, LDIRECTORD
> and
> > LVSSyncDaemonSwap services without any problem, the only thing that
> bothers
> > me is whenever I run /etc/ha.d/resource.d/LVSSyncDaemonSwap master
> status I
> > always get "master stopped". I believe my configuration on the master
> and
> > backup machine is fine even the lo and iproute on the real server.
> > So what is it I am doing run. Here is the version of the LVS I am using:
> > LVSSyncDaemonSwap.in,v 1.7 2006/05/11 01:04:34 horms Exp, my system is
> > running RHEL 4 update 4.
> > What should I do to get "master running"
>
> I think that RHEL4 has a new enough kernel that you can get rid
> of LVSSyncDaemonSwap and instead just run both the master and backup
> sync daemons at boot time on both directors.
>
> /etc/ha.d/resource.d/LVSSyncDaemonSwap master works by simply
> parsing the output of ps and looking for which sync processes are
> running. You can do this yourself to see what is running. Perhaps
> the script isn't parsing the output of ps properly.
>
> --
> Horms
>   H: http://www.vergenet.net/~horms/
>   W: http://www.valinux.co.jp/en/

Ahmad Ndoung

Project Manager, Web Developer and Network Admin(MCSE)
Barclay Hedge Fund
E-mail: andoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, hasman16@xxxxxxxxx
Cell Phone: +1-641-919-0948 Phone: +1-641-472-3456 ext. 106 Direct line:
+1-641-209-5736
Fairfield, IA 52556, USA
www.on-stores.com

Thanks for mailing, I appreciate...........Have a good one.