Re: [lvs-users] topologies

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] topologies
From: Gerry Reno <greno@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 12:17:32 -0400
Ben Hollingsworth wrote:
> Howdy Gerry,
>
> Did you ever figure out a solution to your LVS topology problem that you
> posted about on LVS-users a few weeks back?  I'm in the same boat right
> now.  I believe need to use LVS-NAT (not DR) because some of my real
> servers will be Windows.  The primary apps need to talk through the
> director, but I have a few services (like SSH and backups) for which I
> need to contact each real server directly.  I'm a little fuzzy on the
> right way to hook things up to make this happen, or if it's even possible.

Ben,
  My original problem was that I had a lot of existing services like
NAS, Backup servicing, ssh, that I didn't want to reconfigure just to
implement LVS.  Well, the way I think I'm going to end up is with doing
NAT in an upfront router and then doing LVS-TUN or LVS-DR on a separate
box.  This should let me keep everything in one network address space
and most of my existing service setup should still work ok.

Gerry