Re: [lvs-users] Help with keepalived setup!!

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Help with keepalived setup!!
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 09:39:12 -0700 (PDT)
On Fri, 6 Jul 2007, Ramsurrun Visham wrote:

> I have 5 Pcs - 3 active (master) nodes and 2 standby (backup) nodes,
> all connected to a switch. The 2 standby nodes have to provide
> failover to any of active nodes in case one fails. Then if any of the
> active nodes fails again, the second should provide failover for that.

I assume you're talking about the realservers here.
This isn't the way we do it. We'd have all machines up and
if one fails (or you bring it down for maintenance), then
the machine is removed from the available pool. You don't
have machines on standby - they're using the same amount of
rackspace, power, lifetime on the disk(s) as a machine
that's doing useful work.