Re: [lvs-users] Autentication squid + LVS

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Autentication squid + LVS
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 05:33:47 -0700 (PDT)
On Thu, 30 Aug 2007, maike wrote:

> Hi people, i am new in the list, but i have the thow machines
> in cluster with heartbeat + LVS, but my doubt how function the LVS + squid
> with autentication?

Having a quick look with google to learn about squid
authentication, it sounds like, given enough requests, the
client will have to authenticate with every realserver.

Does the client do this automatically, or does the user have
to enter a name/passwd pair?

If the latter, you might have to turn authentication off.