Re: [lvs-users] UDP port zero persistence inconsistency

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] UDP port zero persistence inconsistency
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 13:49:40 -0700 (PDT)
On Wed, 12 Sep 2007, David Coulson wrote:

> I've configured IPVS with a port-zero UDP service -

people don't use port 0 a whole lot. This means to forward
all ports. Can you use something more restrictive, like only
the ports you're interested in (even using a fwmark to group
a few ports together).

I wouldn't expect anyone has looked at the port 0 code for
years. It may have bit rot. Certainly no-one's going to test
it to see if it still works.

As well there are problems load balancing UDP. Make sure
your setup doesn't have any of the problems listed in the
HOWTO.