Re: [lvs-users] IPVSADM/IPTables question

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] IPVSADM/IPTables question
From: "Gary W. Smith" <gary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 10:41:12 -0700
Joe,

Sorry about the redundant posting.  In reference to "this", I meant using the
director for maquerading which was forcing the removal of the local route.

So to restate the question, hopefully a little more intelligently this time,
given the fact that I'm masquerading the connetions through the director, which
will then requires all of the real servers to lose their local route and depend
on the firewall, what type of load will it put on the server that is housing
the director?

We are putting the new firewall/director in place and I just wanted to make
sure that it will be able to handle whatever load we through at it.  Currently
we have allocated a couple 1.8ghz boxes with 1gb ram but if we need more
powerful machines, we'll get them.