[lvs-users] Is anyone using the net-snmp LVS module in anger?

Subject: [lvs-users] Is anyone using the net-snmp LVS module in anger?
From: lists <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 11:21:53 +0100
Hi,

Is anyone using the net-snmp LVS module in anger?
I've had it working in a 2.4.32 Kernel for a while (although the 64bit
counters are a bit messed up).

Now trying to compile on a pretty vanilla Centos5 x86_64 platform and
getting the following error:

gcc `net-snmp-config --cflags` -Ilibipvs -I/usr/src/linux/include -Wall
-g -DHAVE_NET_IP_VS_H -c -o lvs.o lvs.c
lvs.c: In function ‘get_lvs_var’:
lvs.c:104: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of
‘__builtin___sprintf_chk’ differ in signedness
lvs.c: In function ‘lvsServiceTable_get_first_data_point’:
lvs.c:164: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size
lvs.c:165: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size
lvs.c: In function ‘lvsServiceTable_get_next_data_point’:
lvs.c:183: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
lvs.c:189: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size
lvs.c:190: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size
lvs.c: In function ‘lvsServiceTable_handler’:
lvs.c:222: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
lvs.c:239: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 3 of
‘snmp_set_var_typed_value’ differ in signedness
gcc: -lcrypto: linker input file unused because linking not done
ld -fPIC -shared `net-snmp-config --netsnmp-libs` -o lvs.so lvs.o
libipvs/libipvs.a
ld: lvs.o: relocation R_X86_64_32 against `a local symbol' can not be
used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
lvs.o: could not read symbols: Bad value
make: *** [lvs.so] Error 1
rm lvs.o
[root@lbmaster net-snmp-lvs-module-0.0.4]# make -fPIC
make: PIC: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target `PIC'. Stop.

I'm going to try recompiling the net-snmp libs, but before I do can
anyone provide any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Malcolm.