Re: [lvs-users] Connection threshold question

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Connection threshold question
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 18:21:55 -0700 (PDT)
On Thu, 27 Sep 2007, Sean E. Millichamp wrote:

> Why can't it?  All packets flow through it (I'm in NAT mode)..

in that case, never mind. I forget what an InActConn is in
NAT at the moment.

> If I know I can only support 25 Active connections to a
> real-server then how can I reliably pick a limit?

I wait till it overflows and then back off one at a time

> Maybe there is still something I am missing, but I feel
> like matching thresholds only on the active connection
> count should at least be a settable option.

There's only a few people using it so we don't have a lot of
experience with it. I think Ratz (who I expect is the author
of the threshhold code), is the only one I know who's using
it. If you want to try with ActConn, I don't see any reason
of the top of my head why you'd get into a whole lot of
trouble. I wouldn't treat the threshhold options as cast in
stone by supreme all knowing people. I think Ratz is the
only one who has been using it. (Ratz of course is all
knowing, but he was probably using LVS-DR.)

> I may look at what it would take for me to patch that
> behavior into my local IPVS module.

good luck. Let us know one way or another how it goes.