[lvs-users] FW: Self Configuring High Availability LVS with Keepalived

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [lvs-users] FW: Self Configuring High Availability LVS with Keepalived
From: "David Hinkle" <hinkle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 15:15:44 -0500
I'm trying to put together a self configuring high availability LVS.  Each of
my units is a proxy server.  Each of them is identical, except a little
configuration, and I intend them to come up, elect a director, and serve
content.

I notice when I have a unit in BACKUP state, when I do "ipvsadm" I see all the
lvs stuff is configured in the kernel.

Does this mean that the unit will try to do load balancing when a connection
comes in instead of just ignoring it and allowing the proxy server's user space
software to process it?

If so, Can I configure keepalived in such a way that the ipvsadm stuff isn't
set up until a unit goes to MASTER?  And if so, will the connection state
information successfully synchronize?

David