Re: [lvs-users] Problem with udp/1812 on a 2-node UltraMonkey style HA c

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Problem with udp/1812 on a 2-node UltraMonkey style HA cluster
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 13:00:54 -0700 (PDT)
On Wed, 24 Oct 2007, John Donath wrote:

> Yes, I do. This is not a problem as only read actions are involved.

just checking

>> Is Radius listening on the VIP? (it should be, see writeup
>> for LocalNode)
>>

> Radius is listening on 0.0.0.0.

that knocks my main theory down.

Just to clean things up a little, can you run it only on the
VIP?

> Just a remark - when the radius service is down on the primary but up on
> the failover node the radius service nicely responds to requests.

hmm, udp load balances by staying on one realserver for a
while (15mins? - see the UDP write ups in the HOWT0). It
doesn't behave like tcp at all. I don't know what will
happen if the realserver fails that clients are connecting
to for that time interval.

Do you have another udp service you can test? ntp is udp,
but the time interval for checks increases. Hopefully
ntpdate is udp and you can run that on demand.

you don't have any firewall rules anywhere? turn them off
for testing.