[lvs-users] failover and connection threshold

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lvs-users] failover and connection threshold
From: Rumen Bogdanovski <rumen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 16:57:05 +0300
Hallo all,
I am experiencing problems with the LVS master and backup daemons.
I have 2 directors running both with master and backup sync daemons.
Failover works fine but the connection threshold does not. I mean if I
have 2 real servers each accepting 3 connections, this means I can have
6 connections in total to the cluster, but if I have 5 and the master
fails, the backup takes over(so far so good) but the new director
accepts 6 more connections and the cluster ends up with 11 connections,
if another failover occurs soon, 6 more connections will be accepted no
matter how many were inherited from the failed director.

How can I make the new director know how many connections are inherited?

"ipvsadm -lnc" shows the inherited connections together with the new
ones, while  "ipvsadm -l" shows only the connections established by the
current director.

Is it a bug or a feature? Can I make the threshold work correctly with
the failover?

Rumen