[lvs-users] Cisco PIX problem with LVS-TUN setup

Subject: [lvs-users] Cisco PIX problem with LVS-TUN setup
From: Steve Drew <steve.drew@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 12:28:11 +0000
Hi,

I've been trying to get a LVS-TUN setup working, but I've been
experiencing problems with our PIX dropping traffic.

Setup:

Pix has Internet / DMZ1 / DMZ2 networks. The switches are directly
plugged into the PIX for the respective networks.

In DMZ1 I have a LB and realserver1 (realserver 1 setup for testing)

In DMZ2 I have realserver2.

Load balancing to Realserver1 is working correctly, but when the
director sends the request to realsever2 I'm seeing the following on the
PIX:

%PIX-6-106015: Deny TCP (no connection) from host lb0/80 to
my.external.i.p/1083 flags SYN ACK  on interface dmz2-network

I'm presuming because the PIX doesn't know about the connection.

I have disabled reverse-path verification on the dmz2 network.

Can anyone offer any pointers/suggestions? Apologies if this is badly
explained, drop me a mail if you think you can help and need some more
info!

Many Thanks

steve