Re: [lvs-users] where would the VIP be if I have 3 Internet connections?

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] where would the VIP be if I have 3 Internet connections?
From: "William Ottley" <williamottley@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2008 15:41:12 -0500
Hi again Joseph!
see this is the thing, it says that you need to create the lo:0, for 2 reasons
#1 so that the real server knows how to get back to the VIP
#2 to solve the arp problem.

for #2, I assume I use the sysctl.conf:

net.ipv4.ip_forward = 1
net.ipv4.conf.lo.arp_ignore = 1
net.ipv4.conf.lo.arp_announce = 2
net.ipv4.conf.all.arp_ignore = 1
net.ipv4.conf.all.arp_announce = 2

on the real servers, and just ignore lo:0?

if that's true, ok, but how do I solve #1 (how to show the real
servers where the VIP is?)

thanks!!

Will... btw, I have 2.6.18 kernel... centos 5.1