Re: [lvs-users] where would the VIP be if I have 3 Internet connections?

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] where would the VIP be if I have 3 Internet connections?
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2008 13:10:06 -0800 (PST)
On Sat, 5 Jan 2008, William Ottley wrote:

> Hi again Joseph!
> see this is the thing, it

what is "it"?

> says that you need to create the lo:0, for 2 reasons
> #1 so that the real server knows how to get back to the VIP
> #2 to solve the arp problem.

you need a device that serves that purpose. In the old days
it used to be lo:x. Now you can do it with lo.

> for #2, I assume I use the sysctl.conf:
>
> net.ipv4.ip_forward = 1
> net.ipv4.conf.lo.arp_ignore = 1
> net.ipv4.conf.lo.arp_announce = 2
> net.ipv4.conf.all.arp_ignore = 1
> net.ipv4.conf.all.arp_announce = 2
>
> on the real servers, and just ignore lo:0?

you don't need lo:0

> if that's true, ok, but how do I solve #1 (how to show the real
> servers where the VIP is?)

The realservers already know that the VIP is local and you
don't need to add a route to it (despite many people/distros
putting one in).

Please edit the irrelevent trailing material from your
posts.