Re: [lvs-users] where would the VIP be if I have 3 Internet connections?

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] where would the VIP be if I have 3 Internet connections?
From: "William Ottley" <williamottley@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2008 16:19:20 -0500
Hi Joseph! thanks soooo much for your help.
Ok cool, I just use lo, BUT, ummm i'm confused on how the real server
knows how to get back to the VIP? since the VIP is on a completely
different network.
I would assume,  you would put another address onto lo? instead of
creating a new file lo:0?

> you need a device that serves that purpose. In the old days
> it used to be lo:x. Now you can do it with lo.

and on the real servers I add this:
net.ipv4.ip_forward = 1
net.ipv4.conf.lo.arp_ignore = 1
net.ipv4.conf.lo.arp_announce = 2
net.ipv4.conf.all.arp_ignore = 1
net.ipv4.conf.all.arp_announce = 2

> The realservers already know that the VIP is local and you
> don't need to add a route to it (despite many people/distros
> putting one in).

how do the RS know that the VIP is local?

thanks soooo much for your help.. i'm going through sooo much howtos..
trying to coordinate with regards to my kernel:  2.6.18-53.1.4.el5

Will