[lvs-users] SuSE Linux with LVS and Heartbeat

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lvs-users] SuSE Linux with LVS and Heartbeat
From: John Moore <john@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2008 07:38:33 -0800
HAVES:
2 Servers running dual proc PIII with 2+ GB ram and a single nic on each (Gig
network)
SLES 10 (suse linux enterprise server 10.0) on each server
Each phy server running 4 xen servers
Servers are on the DMZ (192.168.3.x) network

WANTS:
I want a single virtual IP (192.168.3.2) that the 2 phy machines (192.168.3.4
and 192.168.3.5) use to redirect any service request (such as proxy or web) to
my 6 xen machines that will be on the same 192.168.3.x subnet and respond
directly to the client.  I want to use lvs-DR as my protocol of load balancing.

QUESTIONS:
~ Do I need 2 nics in each of my phy servers?
~ Has any one ever successfully set this up on a SLES 10 setup?
~ Do I even need Heartbeat to perform what I want?
~ I have found no clear documents on how to combine both heartbeat and lvs.
Does any one have any clear instructions on how to configure and what hardware
needs are?
~ SuSE has provided a GUI interface for the heartbeat side of things, Can any
one provide me instructions on what needs to be edited via vi, and what can be
done via the yast2 heartbeat mod and the hb_gui interface?

Thanks,
John Moore