[lvs-users] ldirectord seemingly locked

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lvs-users] ldirectord seemingly locked
From: Kelly Corbin <kcorbin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 16:51:10 -0600
I have two separate installations of Heartbeat/LVS/Ldirectord and both
are having the same problem it seems.  It appears that ldirectord is
halfway locked up.  In my ldirectord.cf, I have "autoreload = yes" and
when I make a change to the file I see this in my log:
[Tue Jan  8 16:32:09 2008|ldirectord.cf|12716] Configuration file
'/etc/ha.d/conf/ldirectord.cf' has changed on disk
[Tue Jan  8 16:32:09 2008|ldirectord.cf|12716]  - reread new configuration

But that's it.  Nothing else in the logs, nothing else changes such as
the real servers, the weights of the realservers, etc.  Ipvsadm -l also
confirms that no changes have occurred.

Also, it appears to be ignoring when a real server is actually down.

I'm running Fedora Core 6 and ldirectord is version 1.42 with RPM
version 2.0.8-1.fc6.

I was going to install the ldirectord RPM from Fedora 7, but noticed
that it's marked ver. 2.0.8 as well so it didn't seem that this would be
an actually different version of ldirectord from what's in FC6.

Ideas?

Thanks!

Kelly

-- Kelly Corbin