Re: [lvs-users] ldirectord seemingly locked

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] ldirectord seemingly locked
From: Simon Horman <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 11:08:43 +0900
On Tue, Jan 08, 2008 at 04:51:10PM -0600, Kelly Corbin wrote:
> I have two separate installations of Heartbeat/LVS/Ldirectord and both
> are having the same problem it seems.  It appears that ldirectord is
> halfway locked up.  In my ldirectord.cf, I have "autoreload = yes" and
> when I make a change to the file I see this in my log:
> [Tue Jan  8 16:32:09 2008|ldirectord.cf|12716] Configuration file
> '/etc/ha.d/conf/ldirectord.cf' has changed on disk
> [Tue Jan  8 16:32:09 2008|ldirectord.cf|12716]  - reread new configuration
>
> But that's it.  Nothing else in the logs, nothing else changes such as
> the real servers, the weights of the realservers, etc.  Ipvsadm -l also
> confirms that no changes have occurred.
>
> Also, it appears to be ignoring when a real server is actually down.
>
> I'm running Fedora Core 6 and ldirectord is version 1.42 with RPM
> version 2.0.8-1.fc6.
>
> I was going to install the ldirectord RPM from Fedora 7, but noticed
> that it's marked ver. 2.0.8 as well so it didn't seem that this would be
> an actually different version of ldirectord from what's in FC6.

Hi Kelly,

That is very curious, however there are much newer versions of
ldirectord around now. Could you try the version that was released
with linux-ha 2.1.3 ?

N.B: you can just drop it into an existing linux-ha setup
if you want to avoid upgrading the heartbeat package as
ldirectord's calling convention has not changed.

--
Horms