Re: [lvs-users] xdmcp question

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] xdmcp question
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 10:22:35 -0800 (PST)
On Fri, 18 Jan 2008, chris barry wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I've got a running 6 RS 2 Director NAT setup, serving xdmcp among other
> things. ipvsadm that came stock in rh4.5 (I know, but I have to use
> it...)

I assume you've read my attempts at xdmcp in the HOWTO. It
looks like you got further than me. If so, can you send me
(off-line) what you did, so I can update the HOWTO.

> Initially, I had setup lvs as normal with it wlc-ing port 177. And this
> works. But after 4 minutes, the connection falls out of the lvs table,
> and even though the session is still active and running ok, -lnc does
> not show the entry.

are you then connecting directly to the realserver by
chance.

> Thinking about it, I thought a FWM may fix this, so I made one with
> ports 177 and 6000. Still falls out of -lnc.
>
> Is there anyway around this? Are there more ports I need to get into a
> port group with FWM, or is that not the answer?

I think you're going to have to be the one to figure it out.
If X is involved as well, there's many ports involved - you
may have to group them with fwmarks.