[lvs-users] load balancing works... kinda

Subject: [lvs-users] load balancing works... kinda
From: "Charlie Williams" <cwilliams.work@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 10:41:52 -0500
I've setup the ultra monkey package on two machines running RHEL4 64 bit.
For testing purposes I have the load balancers running on two different
machines, loadb1 and loadb2 and I also have an apache server running on port
8080 of the loadb1 machine. When the active load balancer is loadb1 I get
connection reset or connection unavailable when trying to reach my virtual
ip address. When the active load balancer is loadb2 everything works fine.
I'll include my conf files and hopefully someone can point out where I went
wrong.

loadb1 ip = 192.168.1.109
loadb2 ip = 192.168.1.117
gateway ip = 192.168.1.1
virtual ip = 192.168.1.105

I've omitted the ha.cf and haresources files because my message keeps
getting rejected as spam, if you guys need to see them I can add them in a
response email

[ldirectord.cf]
checktimeout=15
checkinterval=5
autoreload=no
logfile="/var/log/ldirectord.log"
quiescent=yes

virtual=192.168.1.105:8080
       real=192.168.1.109:8080 gate
       fallback=127.0.0.1:8080 gate
       service=http
       request="ldirectord.html"
       receive="Test Page"
       scheduler=rr
       protocol=tcp
       checktype=negotiate
       persistent=600

[/etc/sysctl.conf]
net.ipv4.conf.all.arp_ignore = 1
net.ipv4.conf.eth0.arp_ignore = 1
net.ipv4.conf.all.arp_announce = 2
net.ipv4.conf.eth0.arp_announce = 2
net.ip4.ip_forward = 1

on the active load balancer inet 192.168.1.105/24 brd 192.168.1.255 scope
global secondary eth0 is added to eth0
<http://192.168.1.117/>
on loadb1 I've also configured eth0 to point back to the gateway by
modifying

[etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0]
DEVICE=eth0
BOOTPROTO=static
ONBOOT=yes
TYPE=Ethernet
IPADDR=192.168.1.109
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
GATEWAY=192.168.1.1

These configurations are identical on both loadb1 and loadb2, except for the
ifcfg-eth0 configuration. Does anyone see where I'm going wrong?

Thanks,

-Charlie Williams