[lvs-users] LVS with Weighted Least-Connection Scheduling

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lvs-users] LVS with Weighted Least-Connection Scheduling
From: "Sebastian Krueger" <sebykrueger@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 15:15:11 +1300
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to balance the load on 3 servers. The way this is set up is as
that LVS presents three virtual servers on the following ports:

10.32.30.125:18007
10.32.30.125:18008
10.32.30.125:18009

These I've set up in the ldirectord.cf like this:

virtual=10.32.30.125:18007
        real=192.168.0.10:18007 masq 10
        real=192.168.0.20:18007 masq 5
        real=192.168.0.30:18007 masq 5
        checktype=on
        virtualhost=eaivcon3.kdc.ird.govt.nz
        scheduler=wlc
        persistent=1
        protocol=tcp
        checkport=18001
        service=http
        request="/PingWebClient/pingApp.jsp"
        receive="REPOUT"
virtual=10.32.30.125:18008
        real=192.168.0.10:18007 masq 5
        real=192.168.0.20:18007 masq 10
        real=192.168.0.30:18007 masq 5
        checktype=on
        virtualhost=eaivcon3.kdc.ird.govt.nz
        scheduler=wlc
        persistent=1
        protocol=tcp
        checkport=18001
        service=http
        request="/PingWebClient/pingApp.jsp"
        receive="REPOUT"
virtual=10.32.30.125:18009
        real=192.168.0.10:18007 masq 5
        real=192.168.0.20:18007 masq 5
        real=192.168.0.30:18007 masq 10
        checktype=on
        virtualhost=eaivcon3.kdc.ird.govt.nz
        scheduler=wlc
        persistent=1
        protocol=tcp
        service=http
        checkport=18001
        request="/PingWebClient/pingApp.jsp"
        receive="REPOUT"

Notice how I have given each virtual server a different weighting for the
real servers. My aim was that if each virtual server has a single distinct
client connected, then they would all be balanced to different real servers.
Based on the weightings specified above.

However, unfortunately traffic is assigned to an arbitrary real server for
each virtual server if there are no other connections already established.

Has anyone found a way around this?

Regards, Sebastian.