Re: [lvs-users] LVS on *BSD status?

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] LVS on *BSD status?
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 13:57:58 -0800 (PST)
On Mon, 3 Mar 2008, Joseph Mack NA3T wrote:

> On Mon, 3 Mar 2008, Nicol, David wrote:
>

>> Jacek Artymiak's "Building Firewalls with OpenBSD and PF"
>> book discusses load balancing setups in terms of how to
>> configure pf to deliver pretty much everything LVS offers.
>
> don't use *BSD but had heard that pf can do just about
> anything. However I hadn't realised that pf could do
> LVS-like loadbalancing. If so that's pretty neat. (am
> downloading the pf-faq.)

nothing about load balancing in the index, but did find a
NAT pf loadbalancing setup with google, slbd, and did see
mention of DSR with pf. As regards loadbalancing, is there
more to pf than in the faq? ie has Jacek written more code,
or should I be able to loadbalance with the info in the
pf-faq?

Thanks Joe