[lvs-users] POP Problems

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lvs-users] POP Problems
From: "adam chandley" <chandleya@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 22:10:12 -0600
Using qpopper w/ latest ipvsadm and ldirectord

http/https/ftp/smtp all come up without a hitch. However, pop simply isn't
given a 'weight' by ldirectord -- it always sits at zero and does not
forward information. telneting to internal 192.168.0.10:110 works and
telneting FROM 192.168.0.10:110 (localhost) works. I have gone from having a
login-test to check for pop service to just having the service forwarder in
place, nothing more. Sometimes it works -- but very rarely. If I set up a
forward using ipvsadm -A and so on, it forwards the traffic just fine. Is
there some sort of "trick" I'm forgetting with POP?

AC