Re: [lvs-users] Inactive Connections in IPVS Table

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Inactive Connections in IPVS Table
From: Ganesh <ganeshprasad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 15:09:16 +0530
> UDP is a difficult protocol to load balance - we haven't
> figured out the best way to handle it - and you get odd
> behaviours sometimes.

The LVS HOWTO points towards a bug in 2.6.11 kernel and patch to solve
that :
archive.linuxvirtualserver.org/html/lvs-users/2005-05/msg00040.html
As I am facing the problem for TCP service as well ,  it may be due to
the above mentioned bug.
I am using the 2.6.9-42.ELsmp kernel. I hope the bug is fixed in newer
kernels like 2.6.18-53.el5 which I will try.

Thanks
Ganesh