Re: [lvs-users] LVS servers slowly draining traffic causing outages

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] LVS servers slowly draining traffic causing outages
From: Graeme Fowler <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 13:08:23 +0000
On Thu, 2008-03-06 at 07:24 -0500, LDB wrote:
> Any help would great ... I still cannot figure out why LVS just
> arbitrarily drains the web traffic to zero and then a restart
> fixes the problem.

I'm not 100% sure what you mean by "drains the web traffic to zero".

Is it the case that over a number of hours, the load balancers stop
handling web traffic for the virtual hosts you've configured? If so, you
probably have the ARP problem and have not hidden your loopback
interfaces sufficiently on your realservers.

If something else, please clarify.

Thanks

Graeme