Re: [lvs-users] Problem with LVS-TUN different network -- Is this still

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Problem with LVS-TUN different network -- Is this still impossible
From: hirantha <hirantha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2008 16:51:53 +0530
Thanks for the reply Graeme,

Graeme Fowler wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-03-07 at 12:20 +0530, hirantha wrote:
>> Basically I don't administrate the firewalls, routers on the realserver
>> resides ISP. I think this is obvious --
>> most of people doesn't have network control on the ISP. But I can tell them
>> the situation. I would like to know what
>> would be on firewalls and routers to be eligible to establish lvs-tun. What
>> should I tell them..?
>
> The people administering the networks that the realservers live on need
> to allow egress (outbound) traffic from the VIP for LVS-TUN to work.
>
> Using TUN, the realservers reply directly to the clients:
>
> http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/VS-IPTunneling.html

Is there are users exists who using LVS-TUN, VPN or Layer2 network spanned..?
(who do not control
ISP level). Is there away we could accomplish this -- Global server load
balancing. I know some
commercial version of this but, I prefer something like LVS-tun.

I would appreciate if you could share your scenario with me.

Thanks and regards

-+> Hirantha