Re: [lvs-users] Problem with LVS-TUN different network -- Is this still

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Problem with LVS-TUN different network -- Is this still impossible
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 05:18:28 -0800 (PST)
On Fri, 7 Mar 2008, Graeme Fowler wrote:

> If you have realservers on networks controlled by
> different providers, they probably won't advertise the VIP
> to their peers or permit traffic from the VIP to leave
> their network,

I don't deal with ISPs so I don't know what they do. However
advertising the VIP and allowing taffic from the VIP are
separate logically. I would expect if you're the customer
and said "if I'm going to be here, I need packets from the
VIP to be let out" that they would do it.

> especially if their upstreams apply filters to the
> announcements they receive.

however you're saying that even if the ISP let out packets
from the VIP, that routers upstream would stop these
packets?

In this case LVS-Tun can't be deployed anywhere?