[lvs-users] LVS-DR Director not passing some packets

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [lvs-users] LVS-DR Director not passing some packets
From: "Dave Whitehouse" <dave@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 10:39:04 -0000
Just looking for some advice around problem solving my LVS cluster
performance.

I have a cluster that currently has two LVS Directors hosting 4 VIPS. I use
keepalived 1.1.13 on the directors, running on CentOS 4.4. Real servers are
all CentOS 4.4 too.

Basically balancing web traffic with Directed Routing and Round Robin load
balance.

I have hit an issue where my directors appear to be dropping packets. My
connection rate is low when this occurs, typically about 40+ InPPS which is
very low :-(

A packet trace appears to indicate that packets are hitting the director but
not coming out again.

I have iptables running on the directors and ip_contrack is loaded along
with a few other iptable related kernel modules. My question is do you thing
that iptables could be causing problems with my LVS and if so have you any
suggestions where and how I could prove it ?

Thanks

Dave

believed to be clean.