Re: [lvs-users] lvs didn't loadbalance properly when persistent mode is

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] lvs didn't loadbalance properly when persistent mode is on
From: Adrian Chapela <achapela.rexistros@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 08:46:36 +0100
dbspace escribió:
> unfortunately, if I disable the persistent mode, when I try to hit the server
> directly, the session is not maintained probably, so I need to have
> persistent turn on, but I will probably try what Grame said to have the
> netmask /32 instead of /24.

Yes, if you turn off persistence and you need sessions, your web app
doesn't work well. I think this is one negative point of LVS, the
application persistence mode. In most cases of web application we don't
need IP persistence but we need persistence of application (sessions..).

Imagine a company with a proxy and two or more balanced internet
conections. If one PC connecting internet across proxy and balancing
output across two or more connections. IP of connection will be changing
forever and you never will have a session properly. I have no solution
for this.